Photobucket
s p ry n!
pop culture whore
cunning linguist
showstopper
bohemian boy
narcissism

_____one
_____two
_____three
_____four
_____five
_____six
_____seven
_____eight
_____nine
_____ten
_____eleven
_____twelve
_____thirteen
_____fourteen
_____fifteen

Overall layout coded by yours truly! Woots! Viewable on all browsers.

© 2008-2009 superyan.

Dangerous overture.
04 June 2008 @ 23:12 ; 0 Comments

Failure to launch.

It's never easy to introduce yourself to a new set of audience. First impressions can really scare people off into their own shell and just be taciturn, recluse beings, just floating in this world. Re-introductions are not so hot themselves too. The audience has matured, and probably outgrown you ever since your final appearance somewhere, somewhen.

But that is not to say I'm not afraid to try. Although I'm just shitting myself if I don't say that I am a little scared.

Okay so let's go!

My name is superyan, and I previously blogged - though not a whole lot - over at jazzpazazz.blogspot.com. Well it was a whole lot, and then not so much, and then sporadically, until one day I just... stopped. And I wasn't even sure why. It's probably due to the fact that life has gotten so much bigger than I could ever imagine I would be able to handle, and some things just had to take a backseat. And there's also a small part of me thinking that whatever I had been blogging is just an intrusion of privacy; despite the fact that the reason why I set up a blog in the first place was the wanting to share my views, my stories, my anecdotes to the rest of the world.

And then lately I thought- let's resurrect my blog once again. But this time, let's start afresh. A clean slate. A new lease of life. Of the two years I had been away I feel that I have matured significantly, with a different set of views and hopefully a better state of mind.

So yeap. Here I am.

But what happened within the last two years? Well... aside from finally graduating with a diploma certification to my name, the main (and oh so obvious) thing that happened was the big arms of the SAF embracing me. YES. Like FINALLY, right? Of course initially there was that sense of resentment because it's throwing away two years of your life being a national slave but come to think of it- it's not so bad, ain't it? Sure life was extremely taxing and there were times I felt like giving it all up and just saving myself the horror of it all but I pushed myself through. That's just it, isn't it? Sometimes when you think you won't be able to do it you end up surprising yourself.

So after BMT was unit life. Which I thought would be boring seeing that I had a really wonderful time (no sarcasms here) and... well... to a certain extent it was. Until I was revocated and posted to the one place where I never imagined would have given me the best days of my life. Well, that statement doesn't come with its shortcomings- mainly our intensely crazy superior. But it's not about him now, is it? Hahaha. Life there was fun, funny, crazy. The best. But I won't elaborate because I can anticipate myself talking about it alot, alot, alot more in the posts to come.

So that's about it, I guess. Army took over a chunk of my life, leaving me with my weekends to properly savor it and be a proper, normal civilian again. And that time will finally come. Being a proper, normal civilian, that is. I'm not so sure if I'm loving it or not, but that's another journey that I'll just be making my way down soon aye.

Until next time- say hello! To the boy! That I am!