Photobucket
s p ry n!
pop culture whore
cunning linguist
showstopper
bohemian boy
narcissism

_____one
_____two
_____three
_____four
_____five
_____six
_____seven
_____eight
_____nine
_____ten
_____eleven
_____twelve
_____thirteen
_____fourteen
_____fifteen

Overall layout coded by yours truly! Woots! Viewable on all browsers.

© 2008-2009 superyan.

Kids.
30 June 2008 @ 23:42 ; 0 Comments



Mr Changi had his post-ORD barbecue over at East Coast the recent weekend (although I'd like to think of it as his last weekend slacking, stoning and staying up late before he starts work at Zouk! Today!) Naturally he invited the lot of us- his beloved Bachins (Mr Khatib, Mr Tanjong Pagar, Mr Paya Lebar and myself, of course. The life of the party!) and some HQ personnels (The Virgin Whore of Sembawang and others) to his little shindig of satays and sausages.

Speaking of satays and sausages warrants its own paragraph because I don't think food should be relegated to only a handful of sentences- honestly, it was very good. I kid you not. Of course, there were instances whereby the fire proved to be too much and caused it to be all chaotah but only the corns were affected. For the most part, it was great. The sambal sotong was the best. Mmmm. Just blogging about it now makes me wish I could go back in time and consume more of those. I didn't eat a lot, okay!

Brought along Queen Latifah because all that name dropping and regaling tales of outings with the Bachins to her and vice versa... it's time that they were formally introduced, right? And finally they did. Initially I was rather nervous about the whole thing. I mean, seriously. This is the first time you are bringing people who've never met one another, who are dear to your heart together to meet and converse and mingle... it's rather daunting, is it not? But thankfully all that nervous energy was unfounded. Thank you boys for behaving yourselves. WAHAHAHA. SHE REALLY LIKES ALL OF YOU. Which I am really thankful for. Because it will not be fair if the people that you care for don't get along with each other, right? Heh.

As the night went on, and more people started appearing, a handful of us retreated into the comforts of the chalet (and the beds) to watch (more like comment) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. I must admit- I am not a fan of the trilogy. It's just too slow, too boring, too much to sit through and frankly, within that three hours I could spend more time yapping away than to have to witness That One Special Ring being brought to some place on some mountain. If I'm not mistaken. So yeap- there we were, the movie blasting on television. As some paid attention (either really paying attention or just trying to fend off sleep I'm not so sure), The Queen, The Virgin Whore and myself were kept entertained with numerous anecdotes, offbeat comments and random gossips.

Then slowly people got up to leave. And eventually it was us five again; plus The Virgin Whore was six. Watched this movie on telly before commencing our VCDs marathon (quite unfortunately really, but what to do right?) It wasn't really my intention to rent "gory, horrifying" movies but I don't think we would want to watch dramas or the like at three in the morning haha. So yeap. While a couple was off to lalaland the rest of us were up screaming and getting shock values over the most random stuff. Bleah.

Sunday came, and all of us got ready to check out. And that was it. That was finally it. The chalet was over. No more plans. No more outings until we have plans to do so. As of this moment, all of us go back to our own lives, busying with our stuff, trying to keep up with the world. It's a little sad to let everything go, to let all those fun moments be kept inside a tiny little box in our hearts and minds, but, I guess, we just have to do so. It's the memories that keep our bonds alive.

Thank you guys for the wonderful weekend. I love you all. And I can't wait... to see you again.