Photobucket
s p ry n!
pop culture whore
cunning linguist
showstopper
bohemian boy
narcissism

_____one
_____two
_____three
_____four
_____five
_____six
_____seven
_____eight
_____nine
_____ten
_____eleven
_____twelve
_____thirteen
_____fourteen
_____fifteen

Overall layout coded by yours truly! Woots! Viewable on all browsers.

© 2008-2009 superyan.

Falling.
27 July 2008 @ 04:02 ; 0 Comments

The end is the beginning is the end.

Right. When I first revived my blogspot I swore that I would not neglect it for long periods of time. And now it's a week since my last posting. Not that I was intentionally putting aside this blog for my social life. Not that I have any social life to begin with, seeing that money is depleting faster than the ozone layer. Sigh.

Anyways in the time that I was away I had been doing a few things to revive and rejuvenate. Been heading to the library to catch up on my reading. Really enjoyed Christopher Moore's works, although not a lot of them stood out. And in the meantime I am keeping myself occupied with F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. I really pity the American kids. That book is a "required reading". Poor, unfortunate souls. I really couldn't wrap my mind around the book. It's so languid, so tedious to read. But I'm like seventy-odd pages from finishing the book so might as well. Don't really like to discard things halfway.

And then there's the job hunting. Which I shall not delve into deeply because it's keeping me on my toes... in a bad way, no less. Coupled with monetary losses? Superyan = super depressed.

Other than that I went out on Friday to shop for Queen Bee's birthday gifts which, of course, I am not going to divulge here. The (Internet) walls have ears too, you know. Plus I am the sort that really like to keep surprises as that. Surprises. It's too bad for everyone. (On the plus side this means I am very good at keeping secrets. So come one, come all! Share thee secrets with me.) Let's just say that the presents are connected, in a sense, with a theme that I came up to haphazardly cover the fact that I haven't been really imaginative when it comes to getting presents for Q.

There was this article in GQ - or was it Esquire? - that denoted some interesting facts about getting presents for other people. Namely, it would be really wonderful to get things that are atypical, and very out of the box. In that sense, whenever the receiver of such present(s) were to cast their eyes on it, they would automatically be reminded of you! Haha yes. I try to bear that in mind whenever I am gift hunting. Which, essentially, can be quite tough because the line of imagination and absurdity is, more often than not, be quite blurry to most people. Generally people might not get the rationale behind you giving them such stuff as presents. I say, rationality is for boring people. Enjoy the presents! The more absurd, the better. (Hint hint- my birthday may be x months away but I welcome gifts all the same! Heh.)

I still remember the times when I was out looking for birthday presents for Mr Khatib, Mr Tanjong Pagar and Mr Paya Lebar. Very nerve-wrecking, considering I was keeping in mind my "out of the box" gift idea while, at the same time, trying to stay true to their characteristics. It wasn't really that much of a hassle, more so the amount of ideas and presents that I managed to draw up. It can be annoying to decide the perfect present to give.

At the end of the day, anything that you give to anyone should bear one thing- that it comes from the heart. Oh, and that it's the thought that counts. So my advice would be- forget the thoughts. Just give me my presents.