Photobucket
s p ry n!
pop culture whore
cunning linguist
showstopper
bohemian boy
narcissism

_____one
_____two
_____three
_____four
_____five
_____six
_____seven
_____eight
_____nine
_____ten
_____eleven
_____twelve
_____thirteen
_____fourteen
_____fifteen

Overall layout coded by yours truly! Woots! Viewable on all browsers.

© 2008-2009 superyan.

Finer feelings.
03 July 2008 @ 22:45 ; 0 Comments

Time moves fast now, doesn't it? I have only made my foray back into blogspot and already it's July. And two hundred dollars have been accredited into our bank accounts. Not working and still getting paid? Such. A good life.

So far.

Alright so it may not be that good a life so far- eventually we all get bored out of my minds. I do admit, I am slowly getting bored out of my mind. But I'm not ready to admit to it yet. Because it's only a month. We'll see, yeah?

So what have I been doing since the chalet weekend? Well, nothing much. As usual. But what's new. Most of the time it's just sitting, stoning, slacking. Thinking. Daydreaming. Dreaming. Of course there's the tuning in to the goggle box and music and stuff... ooooh there have been a lot of movies I managed to watch/rent over the last couple of days. Now, since I love reviewing my entertainment but there's a lot to go over we'll make it light and frothy, yeah? We'll make it short and sweet. Sticky and sweet (I hope Madonna doesn't sue me for plagiarism).

The Hitcher
Pointless and moronic. Granted, the killer ("John Ryder") was really terrifying (Sean Bean was really effective in his role), but overall it was a waste of a remake. With an anticlimactic ending, this movie is only essentially made for those looking for cheap thrills and movie buffs who want to kill time and watch something to get their hearts pumping.

Captivity
Another movie for the "torture porn" genre. If you were expecting something with substance, don't touch this one. Nothing but lots of gruesome moments (though I'm using that term lightly) coupled with lots of scenes featuring Elisha Cuthbert just screaming her head off. Another limp production when they probably could have done much better, given the topic and circumstances.

The Return
Dull, dull, dull. Even the movie title screams dull! As a fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar this film did absolutely nothing to lift her name into marquee status. Most of the time the movie plods along, as the protagonist tries to uncover the reasons behind her bewildering visions. And as the final stretch came within reach, it may be clear what the visions meant but essentially all of it meant nothing since the movie experience had been marred by the movie itself.

The Last Legion
Laughable. And that was unintentional, mind you. The movie tried to take itself too seriously and ended up being a farce. The (mis)castings of both Colin Firth and Aishwarya Rai was bewildering, to say the least. Coupled together with a lackluster script, and a series of events that can be predicted from the start of the movie, The Last Legion is just another historical epic flop.

Feast
Unexpectedly enjoyable for a B-grade horror film. Introduced too many characters in the beginning (a personal pet peeve) but as the movie played on and the antagonists appeared (or fleetingly showed their faces) I got sucked into the experience as well. Not really that gory (but you're asking me so it doesn't necessarily count) but overall, rent this for a night of popcorn and horrifying fun with friends.

Hard Candy
VERY. GOOD. Suspenseful, the movie moved at an accurate pace perfect for the movie. Patrick Wlson was good, but it was Ellen Page who was truly convincing in as self-anointed vigilante out to serve justice as it was meant to be served. That ultimate cringeworthy moment, before during and after, got me shielding my eyes behind my blanket and unconsciously feeling my heartbeat (and the nether regions).

Nightwatch/ Daywatch
Alright, I watched these two back to back since they're a movie and its sequel and yes, I can tell you they are quite good and enjoyable. Not bad for a Russian production. If you are into vampires mythology and the like I suggest you pick these movies. The effects were mindnumbingly awesome (watch out for the subtitles) and the pace of the movie was just right.

Wanted
What a disappointment. After the movie ended I was still quite dumbstruck by it... words just cannot express it. Strictly for those wanting that adrenaline rush and seeing it only for Angelina Jolie (even though she's a little too skinny in this movie for my liking, she still looked good... from the neck up). Oh, and perhaps for the effects too (it was directed by the same person who did both Nightwatch and Daywatch so yeap... look out for that).

Hoodwinked
Smart, witty, enjoyable. I really liked the twists in the story and how it all panned out (although I was already suspicious of one character from the start of the movie). Kinda makes you wonder that some people are not really all that they seem, eh?

There are a lot of movies out there that are still in need of watching, renting, reviewing. Oh you know. Doing my bit to enlighten the world of what to watch and not to watch. It's just a job. Oh wait, it's not just a job. That's showbiz.