Photobucket
s p ry n!
pop culture whore
cunning linguist
showstopper
bohemian boy
narcissism

_____one
_____two
_____three
_____four
_____five
_____six
_____seven
_____eight
_____nine
_____ten
_____eleven
_____twelve
_____thirteen
_____fourteen
_____fifteen

Overall layout coded by yours truly! Woots! Viewable on all browsers.

© 2008-2009 superyan.

White diamond.
10 September 2008 @ 14:25 ; 0 Comments

10-09-08.

An email interview with superyan, unprofessional homemaker who is still without a job but yet reveling in his downtime cleaning his house, amongst other activities.

Good afternoon superyan. Alright so first and foremost - how long have you been on the hunt for a permanent job?
Hello, (undisclosed publication)! Well I have been released from my national service for over three months now and am still looking for that elusive job out there for me.

Does it get tiring day after day sending out emails to prospective companies and never getting any replies?
Of course it does, yes. Some days I get a bit down because of that. I mean I have applied to, I dunno, numerous companies in various job positions. And to not get any decent forms of notification whatsoever will eventually chip at your optimism at times but I'm trying not to let it get the best of me :)

Right so we know you are still sending your resume out there for everyone to go through. But what kind of jobs are you aiming for, basically?
Well... ideally I would love to become a writer. Not to sound trite or anything but my passion has always been writing, and because I know that I am a good writer and my proficient skills are mad, yo! Ahaha. Otherwise something that relates to my course of study would be good (superyan graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic in 2006 with a Diploma in Multimedia Computing.)

I have applied for jobs with varying degrees of capabilities, from those that gel well with my dreams to those that are in tandem with my education qualification to even those that I would think people of my stature would hardly go for nowadays. It's just sad that none of them are willing to give me a chance.

And why do you think that is so?
I dunno - too highly qualified? Not qualified enough? No prior experiences? They weren't really clear with me as they put me gently down.

I understand that in the meantime you're at home most of the day. So how do you keep yourself occupied?
The Internet is always a good companion. Sometimes even I think myself that I am spending too much time in front of the computer! Haha. Television... there's some interesting shows being telecast right now. Books. I am trying to beef up my reading list so that's fun. Very productive. Otherwise I'll just try to keep the boredom level down by playing with my cats or cleaning the house. Or sleeping. Always a popular choice.

Cats! So how many do you have?
Five! :)

And what is that like with five cats running about the house?
Crazy. Fun. Never a dull moment. They're like my siblings, except they have four legs instead of two and fur everywhere.

You also mentioned cleaning the house. That's really interesting. We hardly hear of boys your age doing as such. What is that like?
It's not so bad. I am quite an obsessive-compulsive person when it comes to neatness and being tidy, somewhat. There's that inner Monica just waiting to be unleashed. Most of my family members living with me hardly have the time to really do chores around the house so I take it as my personal duty to keep the place clean and in check, for the most part.

I believe there's nothing wrong with boys cleaning the house, yeah? It's not as different as boys become hairdressers or working in the kitchen. It's just a profession, it's something you learn as you grow up. Plus I think doing chores instill some discipline in you.

So what do you do? What can you handle?
Basically anything and everything. You want anything done, I'll try my best to get it done. Just make sure I don't have my good clothes on, haha! I have handled countless cat poop, dust bunnies, spilt plant pots... you name it, I think I should have handled it. So a lot of things are not foreign to me.

So you're a glorified homemaker.
I guess, in that sense. An unprofessional one, nonetheless. You can say I am in training to be a future house husband, haha!

And if that doesn't pan out?
If anyone needs a maid or a nanny, I'm game man. I'm up for it. Email me! Ahahaha.

Ideally, superyan still has ambitions of becoming a writer. But if you pay really well, he might just put that aside and be your personal nanny.