Photobucket
s p ry n!
pop culture whore
cunning linguist
showstopper
bohemian boy
narcissism

_____one
_____two
_____three
_____four
_____five
_____six
_____seven
_____eight
_____nine
_____ten
_____eleven
_____twelve
_____thirteen
_____fourteen
_____fifteen

Overall layout coded by yours truly! Woots! Viewable on all browsers.

© 2008-2009 superyan.

What it feels like a girl?
04 October 2008 @ 13:26 ; 0 Comments

October the first. Aside from it being a new month, the first day of Syawal (aka Hari Raya Aidilfitri) and China's national day (the country turned 59! I didn't know that), it was also The Little One's birthday! Yes. This year the stars must have aligned rather weirdly for everything to fall on that date. Interesting, nonetheless.

So yes. My sister turned... let me see... yeah! She has officially turned 21 since. And by the time you read this, she is already in the 21st stage of her existence for four days now. Of course, what is a birthday celebration without cake!




Let me just say- don't let the appearance of the cake fool you. Yes, this time I have to say that age-old phrase proved to be true; that looks really can be deceiving. Okay, so it may look pretty at first glance. Actually, make that after constantly looking. Even the little one couldn't bear to cut the cake up for consumption! Yeah, that's just how much she felt for the cake. Oh boy.

From the get-go, when she was made to cut it for the obligatory "posing to cut the cake" shot, it looked as if she was struggling with it. No, make that she IS struggling with the entire damn thing. The cake made cutting through wood with a saw seem a much easier task. (Okay I am exaggerating, but if you were to see it for yourself you might have agreed with my analogy, however weird it may be.)

The cake's bottom layer was all brownies, and it has perhaps been chilled for a couple of days, hence probably contributing to its toughness. I think after that initial experience no one else has actually consumed it except for yours truly. Yes folks, I think I'm the one who really bothered to take the cake out of the refrigerator, struggle with a knife and risk it snapping into two and cut a bite-size slice to satiate my sugar craving. (Oh yes! There was one time I went through the whole routine, and left a cup on the fridge all the while. Then when I returned the cake back to its rightful place and close the door, totally forgotten the cup by then, it was already too late, and the drink has spilled all over the fridge and onto the kitchen floor. Klutz!)

Oh yeah, and don't be fooled by the ribbons and flowers and all that- they are all made of gum paste (read: NOT EDIBLE!) Yes! Such a wasted effort! I mean, if you want to make it all pretty and such, the least you could do was ensure that everything can be eaten, right? It's always a hassle trying to cut around the little stuff just to get a slice.

That's not all, folks! Apparently the next night, there's a delivery...






Pretty flowers, right?! Stupid bitch. Who knew her coward of a boyfriend would be so romantic? (Would you believe my future brother-in-law is scared of me?! LOL! I mean, being scared of The Old Man is justifiable. The Mom? Absurd. Moi? High-larious to the max!) At least that's who I think had the flowers delivered. Unless it's from one of her other male friends. Hmmm.

Sighhh. Sometimes I wish someone would give me flowers. I mean, someone besides The Queen Bee. Hyak!