Where are you now?
27 October 2008 @ 19:22 ; 0 CommentsThere are days whereby I would just sit down and stare at you. I don't know what to do with you, to be quite honest. I have tried a lot of ways. A lot of methods. But they all still elicited the same responses.
Some days I just feel like giving up there and then. No matter how much strength I tell myself I am able to draw up to get through everything, eventually all of it gets zapped out of me until I feel as if I am going through the motions. Things become a routine after some time that I don't feel hopeful anymore.
Ahhh hope. Is that just something invented by human beings to give us the courage, the drive, to go forward? Hope for a better future? Hope for ourselves? And where do we get all this elusive hope from? What does it all mean, exactly? God was really being mysterious when he didn't give us all the answers to our questions at one go.
The sun keeps shining. At some point the heat gets unbearable. We are all sweating. My face is drenched. No amount of ice cubes or fan power will be able to quench the heat. Lethargy sets in. My feline friends are all curled up all over the house, enjoying their never-ending siestas. How is it that cats are able to get up and go to sleep so easily? Doesn't it get boring after awhile? It's the same routine all over again.
Ahhh routine. We can't live with it, we don't want to live without it. That sense of familiarity that allows us to ease into our daily lives. Even though every single day presents us with onslaughts of varying degrees at least routines help us to keep in place. Keeps us rooted. Some days we just want to break free, while other days we don't want it to be any different. Monotony is the key...
Can somebody get in my head?



