I hate this part.
06 January 2009 @ 17:33 ; 0 CommentsCarrying on like nothing's wrong.
Alright, I am here now. I decided to stop avoiding my blog like the plague (still a pretty plague though), sit myself down and pen down whatever that comes into mind. Which is not a lot, considering I have The Pussyskank Dolls on full blast, feeling a little sore and smell a combination of my Burberry parfum, Rexona and my cat's dried up furballs. How intoxicating.
I still can't believe that 2008 has officially been declared as "last year". It's all so far, non? My memories are still fresh of endlessly being stuck in camp, performing mindless labour, moments spent with The Bachins (RIP for now), celebrating countless birthdays, attending get-togethers and playing catch-ups, meeting Meg Cabot and attending Kylie's concert... it all felt only as yesterday's occurrences.
As with ushering of the new year, a lot of people will be coming up with resolutions that they hope (and swear to God they will be able) to achieve.
Resolution (singular noun) - as according to Answers.com - means a firm determination; a resolving to do something; a course of action determined or decided on.But seriously now, who are we kidding but ourselves? Everyone should realize by now that resolutions don't last forever (and for always). At the least, two weeks. At maximum, perhaps a month. Those really determined ones will stick by it so fervently that maybe, just maybe, they'll go as far as fulfill it for an entire one and a half to two months before it all dissipate into nothingness. What's the point?
The way I see it, resolutions are just temporary ambitions. After awhile, you either tend to forget about it or decided it's not worth the energy to maintain. We all know for the most part, it's not really that easy to change a part of us. It's not like a switch; we can't just turn it off or on just simply as that. Even with fierce determination, it won't take a year to fully amend whatever that we wish to amend. It doesn't work like that. Sad, but true.
The above may be of my opinion (well, it is my blog, isn't it?), but good on those who still follow this warped tradition of coming up with resolutions to help you through the year. Just remember that it's not that easy to upkeep. But then again, in life, nothing really is ever easy.
P.S: This is not really a resolution per se, but I do intend to ensure that my blog postings from this year onwards do not reek of War and Peace proportions. Haha. I think people are getting tired of the length and the fact that it's in SMALL! FONT! (inside joke).



