Photobucket
s p ry n!
pop culture whore
cunning linguist
showstopper
bohemian boy
narcissism

_____one
_____two
_____three
_____four
_____five
_____six
_____seven
_____eight
_____nine
_____ten
_____eleven
_____twelve
_____thirteen
_____fourteen
_____fifteen

Overall layout coded by yours truly! Woots! Viewable on all browsers.

© 2008-2009 superyan.

You're out.
04 February 2009 @ 01:45 ; 0 Comments

You have a great power in front of you.

Several hours ago I made the unfortunate mistake of watching The Haunting of Molly Hartley; though not that big a mistake of paying to watch it. Please! I'm blonde, not dense. It was, to put it simply, the longest and most fruitless one and a half hours I have ever wasted my energies upon. I would have went a step further and demanded that my time be given back to me, but it was my mistake to begin, right?

To be honest I watched it only for AnnaLynne McCord, and even then she only appeared in like what - five, six scenes? Her lines could probably fit one whole page! She's playing the stereotypical Queen Bee, very reminiscent of her 90210 character (yawn). I loved her hair though, so props to her follicles (and hairstylist). Haley Bennett, on the other hand, looked bloated and the brunette dye job made her look more severe, and Chace Crawford's character was just a dumb jock.

The first ten minutes didn't make sense. The ending was worse. And in between it was just blah. They used cheap scares (according to people at the IMDB forums - AH! Oh, it was just a flock of crows. AH! Oh, it was just the phone ringing. AH! Oh, it was just that dorky kid who has a crush on her. AH! Oh, it was just a dog. AH! Oh, it was just sensory misperceptions/hallucinations that were falsely reflected onto the mirror. AH! Oh, it was just the mail being thrown into the door slot... etc) and cliched tricks to get you to jump in your seats. Don't believe the trailers, people! This is just a cheap B-grade made-for-television movie that got lucky and was picked up by film distributors to be unleashed to unsuspecting moviegoers. Should have gone straight to DVD instead.

As I was also curious as to what others might thought of the movie, I decided to google. The remarks left by like-minded individuals at the previously mentioned forums were not that encouraging, simply put. Someone made a poetic gesture in proclaiming the movie as "dumb as fuck". WAHAHAH! I couldn't agree more.

Someone posted this, and I just had to reproduce it here. It's too good not to!
It took 15 minutes for me to realize that I had just wasted $6.50, and an hour and a half of my life. Are these film makers even trying nowadays? I think I've seen this movie a dozen times but with just different titles.

Things that made the movie suck:
1. The casting was awful. - CW acting isn't real acting. Where were those hideous ghoulish people that every high school has? Was this a school for models?
2. The lack of actual haunting - If you're not going to have a ghost / demon in a movie the cool thing to do is warn us before we give over our money. The Trailer was very misleading.
3. The stereotypical teenagers - eg. She must be the school rebel because she has holes in her stockings and her school uniform is in disarray.
4. The stereotypical new kid in school with a dark past - self-explanatory
5. The Ending - I'm pretty sure they the script said "just wing it" and by god that's what they did. And what was with the Missing poster? That had to be the cheesiest thing in the whole movie.

Things that made the movie good:
1. Still looking for one.
If you're intending to watch a movie anytime soon, please take my advice and avoid this one like the plague. Wait awhile to rent this, or better yet- watch it online. That way, you don't have to pay a single cent. Except, perhaps, for your burgeoning Internet usage.

Overall rating? As the forums summed up - an EPIC FAIL.