Photobucket
s p ry n!
pop culture whore
cunning linguist
showstopper
bohemian boy
narcissism

_____one
_____two
_____three
_____four
_____five
_____six
_____seven
_____eight
_____nine
_____ten
_____eleven
_____twelve
_____thirteen
_____fourteen
_____fifteen

Overall layout coded by yours truly! Woots! Viewable on all browsers.

© 2008-2009 superyan.

Already gone.
09 June 2009 @ 23:08 ; 0 Comments

I was out today, moving on.

So I was filling out this form, and as I reached the end of it it required me to state down the date. Today's date. Now whenever this occurs I somehow tend to look at the face of my watch, before realizing that my watch does not provide the date. When I finally remembered what the date was suddenly it jolted me for a bit.

9th of June. 0906.

It was then that it hit me - hey... it's my enlisting anniversary! Hahaha. This same date last year (not the same day though) was when I finally went in to "become a man", as they always seem to point out. I remember waking up so early in the morning, lugging my bag, going to this godforsaken island. It was quite a rainy Friday, and the mood was somber. I remember the nasi briyani that they served that day, the canteen (ergh I can't remember what we called it) blasting some really unfortunate music, and all. that. waiting! (@#$%^&) (OH, and the best part was we were not allowed to sleep in the beds =_=) Before finally being instructed to shave our heads (my nice nice red hair...) and then that's when two years of my life began.

PTP, BMT, and then carted off to unit for the rest of my service. In hindsight I would say national slavery service did me a lot of good, in the fact that I learned a lot more about myself that I would never have discovered if I were to continue living my life the way it is. For the most part, I guess it has given me the confidence to believe in myself and the knowing that I am more than capable of being at the pinnacle and taking charge. Not enjoyable, but somebody's gotta do it and I know that I can do it. Malaysia boleh!

Of course, the best part of it all was the friends that I made and the experiences that I went through. Aah... memories. Recalling them all back brings a smile to my face. But of course it would, wouldn't it?

Flames to dust/ lovers to friends/ why do all good things come to an end?

Time ticked, days go by, and soon the day of reckoning has arrived. I AM FREE! The return of my pink I/C (with the unfortunate photo - I was fifteen then so sue me) and a thank you certificate. Plenty of goodbyes, tearful and otherwise. And then I was out into the world again. The end of an era. I rejoiced, but at the same time it was a bittersweet moment because leaving behind something that you have been so familiar for two years... nothing is as ever as it seems. Or as easy.

Fast forward to today... one year later and I am going through a different kind of experience that will also play a significant role in shaping me for the years to come. I wonder what the outcome will be like. Still a work in progress, but so far it's going to be exciting. Heh.